Basic Policy for the Protection of Personal Data
DIC Corporation shall work to strictly abide by all laws and regulations in relation to the protection of personal data, and to maintain a structure for the protection of collected personal data based upon the policy set forth below.
- Personal data shall be obtained by lawful and fair means and the purposes for which they are to be used shall be specified.
- Personal data shall be relevant to the purposes for which they are to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete and kept up-to-date.
- Personal data shall not be used for purposes other than those specified, except by the authority of law.
- Personal data shall be protected by reasonable security safeguards.
- An individual shall have the right to have personal data relating to him or her disclosed to him or her, and to have such personal data erased, rectified, completed or amended if necessary.
- DIC shall appoint a data controller who shall be accountable for complying with measures which give effect to the principles stated above.
Handling of Personal Data
Purpose of Using Personal Data
When DIC collects personal data, it shall only use such personal data for the following purposes to the extent necessary in order to carry out its business activities. In the event that the personal data is to be used for purposes other than those listed below, DIC will contact the relevant individuals separately to that effect through correspondence sent by mail, electronic mail or facsimile, or on the individual websites.
- (1)To respond to inquiries regarding our business or products.
- (2)To send materials or products in response to a request regarding our business or products.
- (3)To provide guidance and supporting information regarding our business or products.
- (4)To allow DIC to conduct its own surveys and to reflect the results of the same on its business and products.
- (5)To confirm the payment method and payment status for users of the for-fee services operated by DIC.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
Except for the following seven situations, DIC will not disclose the collected personal data of users to third parties.In the event that the personal data is to be disclosed to third parties other than in those situations listed below, DIC will contact the relevant individuals separately to that effect through correspondence sent by mail, electronic mail or facsimile, or on the individual websites.
- (1)When such personal data is requested by the authority of law.
- (2)When such personal data is provided to relevant third-parties to the extent necessary in order to achieve the purpose of using the personal data.
- (3)When we disclose such necessary personal data to relevant third-parties in order to respond to inquiries from the concerned individual.
- (4)When we disclose such necessary personal data to relevant third-parties in order to send materials requested by the concerned individual.
- (5)When we disclose such necessary personal data to relevant third-parties in order to provide various types of information such as introductory and support information regarding our products.
- (6)When we make inquiries to the relevant agencies in order to confirm the payment method and payment status for users of the for-fee services operated by DIC.
- (7)When we make inquiries to the relevant agencies out of necessity in order to safeguard the life, personal safety or property of the individuals or other parties.
DIC may modify its handling of personal data at any time based upon factors such as changes to the content of its business or the services provided by the company.In this case, DIC will post the most-recent policy on a regular basis in its website.
Inquiries Regarding Personal Data
If a user requests the eraser, rectification, completion or amendment of personal data relating to him or her, DIC shall respect the wishes of such individual and accommodate the same to a reasonable extent.
Handling of Personal Data Collected from the DIC Website
DIC shall strive to handle personal data provided by visitors to this website (www.dic-global.com, hereafter "the DIC website") in a prudent manner, and to preserve the privacy of such visitors, as set forth in "Basic Policy for the Protection of Personal Data" and "Handling of Personal Data" shown above, as well as the items listed below.
DIC collects the IP addresses of DIC website visitors. This information is provided automatically by a visitor's browser when he or she visits a website. Visitors' IP addresses are used solely to facilitate the effective management of the DIC website and enhance website services. DIC does not attempt to match IP addresses with personal data to identify individuals, nor does it disclose IP addresses.
Scope of Application
The "DIC Policy for the Protection of Personal Data", "Handling of Personal Data" and "Handling of Personal Data Collected from the DIC Website" shown above, do not apply to websites that are linked to or from the DIC website. DIC is not responsible for the handling of personal data on websites operated by third parties.